Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Back-bend progress.

Hey everyone.

I am going to use this a photo blog as I progress along in gaining more flexibility. Strength training is not my primary fitness goal as it is with many of you, however, I am testing out some exercises to strengthen my core and back. It will be a little added diversity beyond just doing crunches and ball exercises.

Some background: Although I have been a "flexible" person for most of my life, I have actually started contortion training only just late last Fall (~6 months ago). It is a late start, (especially when you compare it to people who have been training since they were 6!!!) and the chances of getting to do this on stage is much slimmer... but you know what? I love it. I love reaping the benefits from the progress I have made, and I want to see how far I can push myself and excel in. But it really comes down to this: it is never too late to try something!

So... I feel I have made some good progress in the past month. The momentum has definitely picked up considerably compared to the slow start of the first few months! As of now, I can do a back bend / bridge, comfortably, from standing posture, although there is room for improvement to make it tighter and more graceful.

And now some stretching poses, with a few unflattering ones...






♥ Bambi